Homeowners tend to shy away from multicolored colors when renovating or designing flats, because it is ideal to have a classic design and not intimidate prospective buyers when selling. The results are kitchens which have neutral colors and materials which are quite forgettable.
Do not be afraid to add color to a kitchen. Look at different areas of your home for inspiration. Perhaps there are colors in your favourite painting or cloth that inspire you. Following are a few examples of eye catching kitchens.
Browse more colorful kitchens
1. Countertop. This rich royal blue color is known as”Sodalite”. The blue provides an unexpected touch to the total design.
2. Cabinetry. This is a daring move, but choosing a punchy color for one place in your kitchen, such as this cranberry color for your island, ensures a new look regardless of the season.
Giulietti Schouten Architects
3. Backsplash. These custom red glass tiles provide something unique and also a focal point for the rear of the cooktop.
Neiman Taber Architects
4. Open shelving is not only an chance to showcase your favourite items, however, the shelving itself may add a little color. Installing undermount lighting within this kitchen enhances the floating, airy texture.
Don F. Wong
5. Light fittings . The designer kept the rest of the room monotone and organic but emphasized the island with multi-colored lamp shades, a deep blue counter and cozy brown pub stools.
Isabel Beattie @ K Cabinets Oakville
6. Ambient lighting is a comparatively inexpensive way to generate drama in kitchen. Here’s an example of creating the illusion of floating items. The orange red ambient light just over the bulkhead complements the red TV wall.
Sylvia Elizondo Interior Design
7. Accent wall. This is not your regular painted wall. The designer used a exceptional wood veneer to cover an entire wall surface to comparison a white kitchen, and utilized the same wood to the face of the built-in fridge.
Tracy Stone AIA
8. Ceilings do not need to be white, as this kitchen shows. The bamboo and the clerestory windows create the kitchen lighter, in addition to the yellowish tones on the bamboo ceiling work well with the red tone from the cabinets.
Find a kitchen designer
Brian Dittmar Design, Inc..
The kitchen is defined not just by a lowered ceiling, but also by the blue-gray color of these surfaces.
9. Accessories from the kitchen add the personal touch and complete a room. This is an opportunity to introduce colors which you need to test out and determine what combinations work for you.
Tell us What are your kitchen colors?
More: 23 Inspiring Real-Life Kitchens
More great kitchens and kitchen layout guides